When delivering leads to a client, it is normal for the client or endpoint to return leads due to various reasons. These include:
- Duplicate leads within their CRM systems
- Different validation tools, such as hidden validation or suppression lists
- Not matching campaign requirements
It is therefore important to be able to subsequently update leads within the platform and easily state the reason as Returned. Additionally, the ability to report and track these returned leads provides valuable insights into the data and the performance of leads throughout the process. The following steps will show you how to process the lead, and report on these leads.
How to Mark Individual Leads as Returned
1. Within your Campaign select the lead you would like to mark as Returned
2. Select Flag/Manage
3. Select 'Mark Lead as Invalid'
4. Select the reason 'Returned' and enter a reason in the Comment box:
5. The lead will then become invalid, and will display the flag reason when hovered over:
How to Mark Multiple Leads as Returned
1. Firstly you will need to get a list of your Lead IDs you would like to mark as Returned. There are a few ways to do this:
a. The client may have provided a list of lead IDs in a CSV file that need to be marked as returned
b. Export your leads within the Export Report, see this article to help with this
c. Select multiple leads within your current campaign
2. Once you have your list of IDs or have selected your leads, click Flag/Manage:
3. If you have manually selected the leads, the lead IDs will be populated already. If you're importing your CSV file of lead IDs, use the Import CSV function on this screen to upload your file:
4. Select 'Mark As Invalid'.
5. Select the reason 'Returned' and enter a reason in the Comment box
6. The leads will then become invalid, and will display the flag reason when hovered over:
How To Report on Returned Leads
Within the Report Builder
To report on Returned leads in Report Builder report, you will want to add the 2nd Check Flag Reason and 2nd Check Flag Comment fields to the Output Columns:
If you need your report to contain only Returned leads, you will want to use the 2nd Check Flag Reason field as one of the Conditions. Use the 2nd Check Flag Reason field, with the operator set to Equal, and the value set to Returned:
Including both of these fields will allow for both the Returned flag and the user's comment to be included in the report.
Within The Lead Export Report
To include information about Returned leads in a Lead Export report, add the 2nd Check Flag Reason and 2nd Check Flag Comment fields into the Output Columns:
As with the Report Builder, this report will then contain both the Returned flag and the user's comments beside any Returned leads.