When leads are processed through the platform there may be instances where lead data is incorrect, either due to human error or updated client requirements. Instead of having to reject these leads, individually edit the leads or have the leads reuploaded, the Bulk Edit functionality allows you to update a specific field or fields across multiple leads.
Key Point Considerations:
- Only Caution Leads can be edited
- When submitting leads to be bulk edited they will automatically be reprocessed
This document is split into two parts:
- Part 1 - How to export your Invalid Leads and their IDs
- Part 2 - How to Bulk Edit
Part 1 - How to Export your Leads and their IDs
In order to bulk edit your leads, you will need to know the IDs of the leads you would like to update. The next few steps will outline how to pull this information if you have not received these from another source.
1. On the Leads tab of your current campaign, use the Current Status column to filter your leads by Caution.
2. Select the Custom Views button and use the Table Column dropdown to select the field(s) that you would like to download. You can use the Action column icons to move and remove field(s) that are not needed, then click Save. Please make sure the id is selected.
3. If you are exporting up to 100 leads use the Items Per Page dropdown at the bottom of the screen to filter by up to 100 leads. If you are downloading more than 100 leads you will need to download the table multiple times.
4. Select the Download Table Contents button, agree to the Terms and Conditions, then click Download.
Part 2 - Bulk Editing the Leads
Please ensure you have your leads and the corresponding lead IDs in a CSV file.
1. Within your campaign, navigate to the Leads page and click Bulk Edit.
2. Select your campaign's form in the dropdown.
3. Use the Browse Files button, or drag and drop your file, then click Next.
4. The Mapping screen confirms that the form fields from your file are mapped to the corresponding fields in the platform. To complete this step:
a. Ensure the lead ID form field is mapped to the CSV Mapping Field 'id'
b. Ensure that any other fields you are editing are mapped correctly from the Form Field to the CSV Mapping Field
c. For any fields you are not updating, ensure that the CSV Mapping Field says 'Do Not Change'
d. Click Next
5. Use the Import Preview screen to confirm that all data will be uploaded to the correct fields, and use the orange notification bar to check the number of leads that will be updated.
6. Agree to the Terms and Conditions of this action, then click Save.
7. An additional validation modal will appear, prompting you to confirm and type the number of leads you will be editing.
8. Click Save.
Any changes made to leads will be referenced in the Notes section of the lead details