When processing leads through the platform there may be instances where lead data is imported incorrectly, or a client requirement means a value on the lead is incorrect. While this may be for many reasons, it requires the Campaign Manager to correct it. When this occurs for multiple leads it is difficult to individually edit each lead to make the correction. Therefore, the ability to Bulk Edit multiple leads at once makes this process more efficient and automated.
This document is split into three parts:
- Part 1 - Enabling Bulk Editing
- Part 2 - How to export your Leads and their IDs
- Part 3 - How to Bulk Edit
Key Point Considerations:
- When submitting leads to be bulk edited you will need to select the toggle to reprocess the leads once the edits have been made
- This is important to note as a reprocessed lead acts as a new lead, therefore it will count towards your contracted lead allocation
- Invalid, Valid, and Caution Leads will be editable. However, Valid leads must be Undelivered before editing. Any leads with a status of On Hold - Pending Batch will also not be editable unless marked as undelivered.
Part 1 - Enabling Bulk Editing
The Bulk Editing feature will need to be enabled at a Campaign Level in order to become available, and there are a few ways in which this can be done. If you are duplicating from an existing campaign, the Bulk Editing settings will be duplicated; both the old and new campaigns will either have Bulk Editing enabled, or both will have it disabled.
1. To enable bulk editing within your campaign navigate to Admin > Setup and toggle on 'Allow Bulk Editing of Lead Data'.
Part 2 - How to Export your Leads and their IDs
Navigate to the Leads tab and within the Leads page, select Export. This will launch the 3-step module which walks through the process.
1. Select the Advertiser(s) and Publisher(s) within the Set Up section, along with any other options you would like to set for your report. Toggle the 'Export to CSV' option, as this will provide a report without a report summary at the top of the file. Select Next to continue.
2. Within the Columns section, select the appropriate fields, ensuring they are added in the Output Columns section. You can select one or multiple fields at a time - the ID field is mandatory for this feature. Select Next to continue.
3. In the Conditions section, specify which leads (Valid, Invalid, etc.) this will apply to and select Export. This will export a CSV file where you can subsequently make edits to the relevant data.
Part 3 - Bulk Editing the Leads
Please ensure you have your leads and corresponding lead IDs in a CSV file.
1. Within your campaign, navigate to the Leads page and select Bulk Edit
2. Select your campaign form in the dropdown
3. If you would like to reprocess (send your leads through the Processr rules again) your leads after you have made an edit, ensure that you enabled the 'Enable Reprocessing Of Uploaded Data' toggle. If you would simply like to update your leads and do not need to send them to the integration again, you do not need to select this option.
Please note: Reprocessing leads will count towards your Contracted lead volume amounts.
3. Use the 'Browse files' button, or drag and drop your file, then click Next
4. The Mapping screen confirms that the form fields from your file are mapped to the corresponding fields in the platform. To complete this step:
a. Ensure the lead ID form field is mapped to the CSV Mapping Field 'id'
b. Ensure that any other fields you are editing are mapped correctly from the Form Field to the CSV Mapping Field
c. For any fields you are not updating, ensure that the CSV Mapping Field says 'Do Not Change'
d. Click Next
5. Use the Import Preview screen to confirm that all data will be uploaded to the correct fields, and use the orange notification bar to check the number of leads that will be updated.
6. Agree to the terms and conditions of this action, then click Save
7. An additional validation modal will appear, prompting you to confirm and type the number of leads you will be editing
8. Click Save.
Any changes made to leads will be referenced in the Notes section of the lead details