Our Eloqua Integration allows you to connect directly to Eloqua's REST API, and create/update a contact in the Eloqua platform. We do this using the Create Contact API.
This method of integration is the most secure but requires you to have user access into Eloqua to be able to read/write contacts. More information on these types can be found here. This document outlines the process to set up both Types.
If you would like to post to an Eloqua form, we don't have a direct integration for this. You can however use HTTP Integration Example: Eloqua Forms.
The Convertr Platform supports two Authentication types depending on which one you or the client requires. The Convertr Platform prerequisites are different depending on the type you will be using. These are highlighted below:
Basic Authentication - You will need the following:
3. Site (Company Name on Eloqua login page)
4. REST API Fields - (for core data fields you need the names. For custom fields, you need the IDs)
5. API URL
OAuth2.0 - You will need the following:
1. Eloqua Connected App created for OAuth flow
2. Eloqua Connected App Client ID
3. Eloqua Connected App Client Secret
4. Username (one time use)
5. Password (one time use)
6. Site (Company Name on Eloqua login page) (one time use)
7. API URL
Please Note: For both configurations, your Eloqua user account must have permissions to Manage Contacts.
This article is one of five that will walk you through all the different components that may be used within our Eloqua integrations, the other articles can be found as below:
- Introduction To Eloqua And How To Create Your Custom Application In Eloqua - This Article
- The Integrate To Eloqua Job
- The Create/Update Eloqua Integration Job
- Integrating To Eloqua Custom Fields
- Eloqua Custom Objects And Fields
How To Create a Custom Application
A Custom Application in Eloqua is required for us to send leads directly to Eloqua. It is within this App where we can get the client ID and Secret to be used in the Convertr Integrate with Eloqua job.
1. Within your, Eloqua Instance select the Settings cog in the top righthand corner
2. Within Platform Extensions select AppCloud Developer
3. Here you can see any currently connected Applications. The next few steps will show you how to create a new one. Select Create App.
4. Under the New App section add:
- Icon (this will be a URL)
5. Within the Authentication with Eloqua section, enter an OAuth Callback URL
This would be your Convertr instance URL for example https://demo.cvtr.io
6. Click Save