The Convertr Platform can automate the delivery of leads to Marketo and create or update Lead/Person records. The Convertr Platform can also create and update Custom Data Objects and Custom Activities in Marketo.
This document will take you through how to configure the Marketo Integration(s) to update Custom Data Objects and Activities in Marketo.
Before configuring your Custom Data Objects and Activities you will need to ensure you have added either the Integrate to Marketo Job or Integrate to a Marketo Program to your campaign, documentation on how to do these can be found here Integrating To Marketo Program or A Integrating With Marketo (Including Static Lists).
Configuring Custom Data Objects
Custom Data Objects (CDO) are used to track metrics specific to your business within your Marketo Instance. The following steps take you through how to configure these in Convertr.
1. Within your Marketo Integration Job you will see a section for CustomObjects
2. Insert the objectName
2a. This can be found within your Marketo instance; Admin > Custom Data Objects > Select your Custom Data Object
2b. The Object Name is the API Name of the Custom Data Object; in this example, it's 'marketointeg_c'
2c. Enter your Object Name into the Convertr configuration
3. Next select the field next to the action field. Here you can select an option for what you would like the integration to do:
This action will create a new entry if it does not exist in Marketo. If it does exist it will update the entry.
This action will create a new entry every time a lead is sent to Marketo
This action will update current entries only
4. Lastly, map the fields from CDO and Convertr.
4a. To get the Marketo fields select the Fields tab in the CDO
Please note: Every CDO has three fields automatically created, these are Created At, Marketo GUID and Updated At.
4b. In the screenshot below you can see that there are additional fields created;; these will also be added to the integration. You will need the API names in order to map them correctly within Convertr.
4c. Within Convertr, enter the CDO fieldnames on the left hand side and map these to the corresponding Convertr fieldnames on the right, as shown in the image below.
5. Click Save
Configuring Custom Activities
Custom Activities allow you to track any activity that isn't related to a Marketo form, email or Landing Page. These can be added to our Integrations using the following steps.
1. Within your Marketo Integration Job you will see a section for customActivites
2. Populate the activityTypeId
2a. Within your Marketo Instance select Admin > Custom Activities > Select your Custom Activity
2b. The activityTypeID will be the Id number, in this case 100016
2c. Enter your Id into the Convertr configuration
3. Next, get your Custom Activity fieldnames from Marketo
3a. Within your Marketo Instance select Admin > Custom Activities > Select your Custom Activity > Fields tab
Please Note: The field with the asterix is the Primary field. Each Custom Activity needs at least one primary field.
3b. Here you will see the fieldnames; you will need the fields under the Name column rather than the API Name.
4. Paste the Primary Attribute Value next to the primaryAttributeValue field. Follow the previous step to find this.
5. Map your Marketo Fields to the Convertr ones as shown below
As you can see the structure of the mapping is different to CDOs. To move the fields, select the icon to the right of the field and drag the fields to the correct place. Please ensure:
- All numbers are consecutive and unique, i.e 1,2,3,4,5 etc.
- Enter the Marketo Attribute beside the name field
- Enter the Convertr fieldname beside the value field
5. Click Save