Value Transforms allow you to transform and append data to a lead based on specified value criteria.
Advanced Value Transforms and Manipulations is an extension of the Value Transform process that allows you to manage, edit and transform data efficiently for unique use cases. Please click here to view the article on creating a simple Value Transform.
This section focuses on the MD5, Base64 encode, and Sha256 hashing functions, which allow you to securely encrypt data. By selecting one of the three languages, the platform can translate values using an encryption algorithm.
This functionality can be used if a client has an encrypted Validation or Suppression List, containing values that they cannot share. The list can be uploaded to the platform and the relevant form field(s) encrypted, then cross-referenced against the encrypted list.
- A Validation or Suppression List that has been hashed using either MD5, Base64 or Sha256. The hashing will need to be done outside of the platform, and the list uploaded to the platform.
1. Within a campaign, click the Admin menu and select Value Transforms.
2. Enable Value Transforms by using the toggle.
3. Click Add Fieldname.
4. Select Manipulate on the modal, then select either MD5, base64_encode or sha256 from the dropdown list.
5. Fill out the rest of the Value Transform settings within the modal, then click Save.
6. Navigate to the Processr tab and click Add Job, then select Validation List Check from the dropdown list.
7. Map the Validation or Suppression List to the campaign, and fill out the settings as required, then click Save.
NB: Make sure that the fieldname you map to this job is the new Value Transform field that you have just created.
Your setup is now complete! We recommend uploading a test lead to ensure that the process works as expected before the campaign goes live.