Alongside the ability for Convertr to integrate directly into your Marketo Database or List (documentation on this can be found here), Convertr can also send data directly to a specific program (or campaign) in Marketo.
These programs are smart campaigns that have been created within Marketo, and ensures leads are collated in one place rather than gathered in a Marketo list.
Please make sure you have the following details from the client before progressing with the integration:
1. The clients field names
5. Program name(s)
More information on how to find these details can be found in our document Introduction To Marketo, Prerequisites And Where To Find The Key Integration Details.
1. Within your campaign, go to the Processr tab, navigate to the Integration section and click Add Job.
2. In the dropdown list, select Integrate to Marketo Program and click Save.
3. Enter the credentials as provided by the client; this includes the clientID, clientSecret and the identityUrl.
4. In the configuration section, you must fill in the fields as follows:
- You can select the program name. This chooses the Marketo program you want to integrate to. It also operates as a dropdown menu, using the credentials specified in the api section to pull all the program names from Marketo. If it does not do this, just click on one of the fields in api section to reset it.
- The dedupeField/lookupField entry allows you to overwrite leads already present in Marketo. For example, if you enter an email address and there is already a lead within Marketo with the same email address, the existing lead is updated rather than a new lead being created.
Source and Reason
- These are optional fields that you can fill in if necessary.
- You can select either Yes or No from the dropdown here. If set to No, then any fields which have been left blank but are mapped in the integration will overwrite existing data in Marketo.
- For example, if a lead within Marketo has a telephone number, and the same lead is sent from Convertr but without the telephone field populated, we will overwrite the data, resulting in an empty field.
- If set to Yes, we will not send thess empty fields to Marketo.
5. Enter the field names provided by the client and map to the Convertr field names.
Please note: The clients field names should be entered on the left and the matching Convertr field names are entered on the right.
6. Once you are done, you will have a configuration that looks similar to below:
7. Click Save once you are done.