What is Convertr?
Convertr’s B2B lead management features include:
- Real-time connection with marketing automation and CRM platforms
- Real-time lead upload or API connections with publishers and lead generators
- Real-time contact data verification
- Lead template rule based validation
- Suppression and Key Account List Checks
- Automated publishers reports on invalid leads
- Real-time lead routing and delivery
- Live Campaign dashboard
Working with the Convertr Platform
Your Login Details
The Agency/Client will create your publisher account; this is specific to each individual client. Your account will be created when you are assigned to your first campaign. You will receive your login details via email, follow the email instructions to activate your account.
Please note: If you have lost your login credentials or haven’t received them, please get in touch with your client contact.
Login to the platform
Use your login details to keep up to date with:
- Your campaign progress + performance
- Previous campaigns
- Available campaigns
- Update your details
Weekly and Monthly Reports
Weekly and monthly reports are automatically sent to publishers; you can choose the report frequency. These can also be found on the platform by following the steps below:
1. At the top of the screen select the notification symbol:
2. Your most recent reports will be shown in the dropdown screen. These will disappear once they have been downloaded:
3. Select View All to see past reports.
Invalid Lead Reports
All invalid leads are automatically sent to publishers via email. These are sent as .csv files at set periods throughout the day depending, on your preference.
The Reporting tab
The Reporting tab allows you to generate reports and statistics on how you are performing within each campaign. These can be obtained by following the steps below:
1. Once you have logged onto the platform, select Reports in the left hand menu.
2. Select your date range by clicking the From and To dates. Next, select the campaign to report on or select All Campaigns to view all your campaigns. Once completed, click View.
3. From this you will see your Performance, Performance Overview and Campaign Breakdown.
What do I do if I have an issue or any difficulties?
Please contact your agency as a first line of support. If they cannot solve the issue your agency will contact us and then update you accordingly.
Why am I not receiving any Convertr emails?
Please check your spam/junk folder as sometimes our emails can end up there. Please ensure that our domain has been whitelisted.
Why have I not received my daily invalid lead report?
There are a couple of instances where this occurs:
- Please check your spam/junk folder
- Ensure that our domain has been whitelisted: cvtr.io
- If you have not uploaded any invalid leads that day you will not receive an invalid lead report
- If you have uploaded leads after 5pm, the invalid leads will be within the next days’ invalid lead report.
Why do I get lots of leads invalidated?
There are a few frequent invalidation reasons that can be easily avoided. We recommend you go through our best practice tips before the file upload:
- Make sure you upload the file to the right live campaign
- Make sure you follow the lead template supplied
- Only upload .csv files
- Trim the .csv file for any spaces before or after the cell content
- Make sure to check the .csv file for blank rows and file size
- Only upload new leads
- Make sure the telephone number format is [country code][space][number]
- Make sure you use the correct predefined values from the drop down list in the lead template (where necessary)
Why is the import function unavailable?
- Make sure the contract has been signed in order to activate the import function.
Where can I download the import template?
- Go to the Leads tab for the campaign, and select the Import button. Another screen will appear requesting that you drop the import file. At the top of this screen, you will be asked which Campaign Form you are want. Once you have selected the form, another option will be above this, showing the option to 'Download CSV template here'.
Where can I see mandatory fields for this template?
- The required fields will be in the downloaded import template.
How to Tutorials
Every time a contract is amended, the publisher will have to sign the contract. This will activate the import function.
Either sign the contract from the email sent or through the platform as demonstrated below.
- Select the highlighted icon as shown below. This will give you the option to view the Contract History and sign the latest contract.
Please ensure that the following prerequisites are met when importing leads:
- Upload only new leads
- Uploading to a live campaign
- The file is trimmed
IMPORTANT: When uploading leads it is best practice to upload a maximum of 10 leads first. This way, you can ensure that the mapping and the leads are in the correct format before uploading the remaining leads.
1. Login to the platform using your login details, select View next to the relevant publisher, and click the import symbol next to the campaign.
2. Use the dropdown menu to select the relevant campaign form.
3. Download the CSV template and insert your lead details.
4. Click and drag your CSV file into the drop zone or use select Browse Files to search for your document.
5. Click Start Import.
6. Ensure that the fields are mapped correctly.
7. Click Preview Import and confirm that the field mapping is correct. Once the mapping is correct, select Save and Import; if the mapping is incorrect, select ‘Close’ and edit the mapping of the fields.
8. The following warning message may appear on your import. If you see this message, it means that you are attempting to import more leads than you are allocated and that this import needs to be authorised by the campaign manager.
IMPORTANT: Please do not re upload the same leads again whilst waiting for this approval
1. Login to the platform using your login details, select View’ next to the relevant publisher, and click the export symbol next to the campaign.
2. Use the export filter to define the leads and date range you would like to export.
3. You can either export all the columns by clicking All Columns, or select the specific lead columns to export by clicking Export Selected and choosing the fields you require.
Viewing Contract History
You can view your contract history for your campaigns by selecting the magnifying glass next to each campaign.
Interpreting the invalid lead report
Your invalid lead report can be downloaded from the notification centre on the platform, as explained in the reporting section of this document.
Understanding Lead Status Markings
A valid lead has passed all QA checks assigned to the campaign.
The lead has been flagged by the platform as failing lower priority QA checks; these will need to be manually pushed through.
The lead has failed a QA check and has not been passed to the Endpoint.
Billable leads are the leads that have successfully passed all of the QA checks and have been delivered to the endpoint.
Understanding Your Leads
Updating Your Details
To update your details please select the Publisher Details tab, enter your details and select Save. Please ensure these details are kept up to date.
Actions on Current Campaigns
Select the Previous Campaigns tab to view your previous campaigns.
Downloading your Campaign Performance Report
1. Select the Download Publisher Campaign Performance Summary icon.
2. Agree to the download terms and conditions and select Download.
3. You will receive an email once your download is complete; you can also download your report by selecting the Exports button. Here you will be able to view all current and previous reports.
Using the reporting tool will allow you to produce reports on your performance. This can be found within the Reports tab on the left menu bar.
1. Choose the date range and select which campaign you would like to report on. You can select All Campaigns to create a report on all your campaigns and select View.
2. Your campaign performance will be shown within the Performance Overview and Publisher Performance sections.
3. A Campaign Breakdown is also shown at the bottom of the page: