When you are creating a live form, you have the option to take advantage of different lookups that can prepopulate data on your form based on a user's profile. In this article, we will talk about how you can do this using Facebook.
With Facebook, you will be able to add a Log In link to your form with the Facebook branding, which will allow someone to log into Facebook via the form. Once they do this, they will be asked to confirm that they are happy for their data to be pulled, and then we will autopopulate from their public Facebook information and fill in the form where possible.
Please ensure that you have the following:
- A Facebook Developer App configured with Facebook Login (see here)
- The App ID associated with the created Facebook App.
1. Within your campaign select the Creatives tab, then click Forms. You can either select Edit next to your form or click Add Form.
2. Next, scroll to the bottom of your form and select Add Field.
3. Within the Type option, select FacebookSignup.
4. Once added, select Edit Options on that new field.
5. Within this section, you will be able to map different pieces of information to your form.
By default, Facebook will only make firstName, lastName and email available. On the left hand side, you have the Facebook field names from their API. On the right are the corresponding Convertr field names. The default will look as below:
Please note that Facebook do not make additional fields available on the API, and this is the only data that can be pulled.
Lastly, you will need to include your App ID. You need to retrieve this from your Facebook App, and place it next to app_id.
6. Once complete, hit Save and Save again on the form at the bottom.
Your Facebook Sign In button should now work!
Note: The Facebook button can take a few seconds to appear on the form, please be patient whilst this loads.