Convertr has an API connection with Campaign Monitor that allows us to pass lead data into their system.
Integrating into Campaign Monitor
It is also possible to pass leads into Campaign Monitor once verified by the platform.
1. Within your campaign, go to Processr, then Integration.
2. Click Add Job. You can then select Campaign Monitor Integration, and click Save.
3. In the configuration, you will need to fill in the below first:
- apiKey: this is the API key to authenticate your connection, the same used in the previous section.
- defaultListId: this is the list ID from Campaign Monitor you want your leads to go to by default.
- leadListIdField: if the Campaign Monitor list ID is coming through in the lead details, you can reference that field here so that the lead goes to the correct list. If this is left blank, we will use the defaultListId.
4. In the subscriber mapping section, you'll need to choose the correct fields to update:
Email and Name are always the same, as above. In the custom fields section, you can add any extra fields you need.
The remaining points of this section can be updated according to the specification in Campaign Monitor.
5. For the next section, the email field needs to be referenced here.
6. Finally, for the last section this is the hashing for the email address when we pass to Campaign Monitor:
- campaignMonitorField: this needs to be email hash, similarly to the previous section on the form.
- leadField: this references the field containing the email address in the form.
- salt: this is the string we use to add to the email address before hashing.
- saltPlacement: this decides where we place the salt relative to the email address (dropdown select)
- algorithm: this decides how we encode the email after the salt is placed (dropdown select)
Once this is complete, your setup should look similar to the below: